6 How did the geography of the Italian peninsula influence
the development of the Roman Empire?
(1) The unnavigable rivers in the northern part of the peninsula protected the Romans from
(2) The harsh climate prevented agricultural production on the Italian peninsula.
(3) The lengthy, rugged seacoast encouraged frequent invasions of the Italian peninsula.
(4) The location of the peninsula contributed to Roman control of the Mediterranean region.
7 • Hinduism was the dominant religion.
• Murals were painted on the Ajanta cave walls.
• The concept of zero and the decimal system were introduced.
Which empire is described by these statements?
(1) Gupta (3) Persian
(2) Maurya (4) British
8 The early Russian civilization adopted the Eastern Orthodox
religion, the Cyrillic alphabet,
and different styles of art and architecture through contact with
(1) traders from China
(2) conquering Mongol invaders
(3) Vikings from northern Europe
(4) missionaries from the Byzantine Empire
9 Technological achievements made during the Tang and Song
dynasties were important because they
(1) were used to defeat Kublai Khan
(2) contributed to economic growth and cultural advancement
(3) increased contact with the Americas
(4) led to social equality between men and women
Base your answers to questions 10 and 11 on the map below and on your knowledge of social studies.
10 The information shown on this map suggests that the Black
Death spread to Europe as
a result of contact with
(1) merchants from western Africa
(2) traders from Asia
(3) barbarians from Scandinavia
(4) explorers returning from the Americas
This is one of the absolute best sites I've found online, and I say that as a teacher who has spent countless hours looking for kid-friendly material on the net. I have no idea how you found the time and energy to put it together, but you have my admiration! - Andrew Cowells, Concord Jr. High